Sunday, May 10, 2015

Griffith Observatory, In-n-Out and Bubba Gump

Today's is Matt third (and final) day of touring Los Angeles and Hollywood. We started the day with a trip to Griffith Observatory. We spent a good few hours walking around, taking pictures and checking out all the cool sciencey things. We also went and saw one of the shows in the planetarium called Centered in the Universe. Out of the three shows playing this is the only one I had previously seen but the other shows start time didn't work for us. So we watched this one, which was cool with me as it's a great show.

Afterwards we went out to lunch at a local In-n-Out Burger, as everyone who comes to LA to visit must eat In-n-Out, it's like a law or something. I really don't understand why folks love this place. I mean the burgers are good and the fries are okay but theirs nothing special about them.. at least in my opinion. But it seems to be a tradition and who am I to argue with tradition.

We debated on what to do next, his list consisted of LACMA, Natural Science Museum and Huntington Library. All of them great places and I would have loved to visit them all but they all require a large amount of time to see everything. It was already around 3pm and we were trying to set up a dinner with Bel before he left for Chicago (the next leg of his vacation).

So we opted to head home and regroup. On the way home I remembered that I was talking about Fry's Electronics and how each store has a different theme. The one in Burbank, which we were close to, was Sci Fi themed so we went to check it out. We walked around the store and Matt took pictures of the various awesome space aliens and other sci fi things. We also checked out video games, models and mp3 players.

Once we were back home we talked about going to Citywalk to have dinner with Bel and then maybe catch an IMAX screening of Avengers: Age of Ultron, but plans changed when we talked to Bel. He was happy to join us for dinner but he didn't have a way to the airport so being the nice guy that I am I offered to take him after we had dinner, which in essence squashed our plans for a movie after dinner.

So Bel, Matt and I went over to Citywalk and grabbed some dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. It was a goodbye dinner for Bel (who was leaving today) and my temporary roommate Matt who was leaving tomorrow afternoon. After dinner we walked around Citywalk and had to share one more "first time" thing with Matt.. Bel and I introduced him to Cinnabon and like with everything else new that he tried this week.. he loved it. But he did say that the best thing he had while on this LA part of his vacation was the Mexican food we had Wednesday... woohoo as Mexican food is my favorite as well.

Around 9pm we headed back to the car and Matt and I drove Bel to LAX and dropped him off for his red-eye to Chicago. Matt and I got back to my place around 11pm and I was exhausted so I called it a night. I don't have NerdStrong tomorrow morning but I do have work so I got a much needed good night sleep.

Like with the past few days we didn't get to do as much as I would have liked but we got some fun things accomplished and I hope Matt enjoyed his first time visit to the U.S. and Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment