Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Muppets, X-Files, Sense8 & The Magicians

So the upfronts have been happening all week and we've been getting lots of geeky news.. some I have shared in previous blog post but there are more awesome things about to hit the small screen... check them out.

First ABC released a trailer for the new Muppet series and I have to say it looks pretty fantastic. They said it was going to be more of an adult version and from this trailer I can see that. Kermit's voice is a little off (but understandable since Jim Henson as pasted away) and Fozzie Bear sounded a bit off.. but over all everyone else sounded great. I've been a Muppet fan all my life and it's great to see that they are still as popular now as they were when I was a kid.


The second things I wanted to share with you guys is Fox announcing the release date for the six-part X-Files miniseries. It's set to start airing on Fox Sunday January 24th 2016. I loved this series when it first aired and I've enjoyed the movies so I'm really looking forward to seeing this series return.

Next is a new series by the Wachowski's. I've really alot of the movies that the Wachowski's have made.. from Matrix to Cloud Atlas to Jupiter Ascending. Now they are doing a new TV series called "Sense8" for Netflix and I have to say it looks pretty awesome. The concept sounds amazing and I'm really looking forward to checking it out.


And the final thing I want to share with you guys.. at least for now is a new series that Syfy picked up called The Magicians. This is based on a trilogy book series of the same name. I had never heard of the series but it sounds very much like an adult version of Harry Potter. There isn't much info out yet and now trailer.. yet. But here's a quick blurb about it. The 12-episode drama stars Jason Ralph as Quentin Coldwater, a brilliant grad student who enrolls in Brakebills College for Magical Pedagogy, a secret upstate New York university specializing in magic. He and his 20-something friends soon discover that the magical fantasy world they read about as children is all too real — and poses grave danger to humanity.

I'll be checking out all four of these series!!

No comments:

Post a Comment