Monday, May 11, 2015

Goodbye Matt

No NerdStrong today and it was awesome.. I got to sleep in for once. Today is my buddy Matt's last day here in the US. I took an extended lunch and picked him up around 2:30 and dropped him off at LAX around 3:45pm for his 5:45 flight. 

I had a great time getting to hang out with Matt for the week. Even with working out and actual work I got to spend every breakfast with him eating bacon and eggs, every evening after work when we watched an episode or two of Agents of SHIELD and 3 full days showing him around town and seeing the sights.

We got to visit Hollywood, Downtown Los Angeles, The Space Shuttle Endverour, Griffith Observatory, American Military Museum, The Science Center, Venice Boardwalk and Beach, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Universal Citywalk.

He had lots of "firsts" here, from eating Mexican food, a corn dog and Cinnabon. To experiencing fast food Chinese food, Taco Bell and In-n-out Burger. He got to enjoy loads of sweets from candies like Butterfingers, Junior Mints, Hersey's and Reeses to Hostess' cakes like Twinkies and Ding Dongs. I think he defiantly got the full "American" experience when it came to eating and foods. :-)

I know we didn't get to see everything on his list or visit Disneyland (which I was really trying to make happen) but that just means he has to return to continue the tour someday. It was great having him around and I'm honored that he choose me to visit on his first ever trip to the United States.

Hugs.. and hope to see you again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment