Monday, June 8, 2015

Agent Carter, X-Files, SHIELD, Firefly & Arrow

So much geeky stuff to share with you guys. First up Funko released an image of the new upcoming Agent Carter Pop figure and it's AWESOME!! I'll defiantly be picking one of these up at comic con.

Netflix announced that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D season two will be released on June 11th. This has me super excited as I really loved all of Agents of Shield but especially this past season. I think it's time to do a marathon.

Gillian Anderson tweeted the first image of the much anticipated return of The X-Files. It's a simple picture but it's pretty fantastic!!

I got a surprise in the mail today.. If you know me and have been to my place you know I collect action figures. My collecting has slowed down over the past ten years or so but I still collect things on occasions. Mostly things that I never expected to be produced. Like these Firefly figures. I collected the few that were made when Serenity was released. But Funko has been going crazy the past few years with Pop, Legendary and Retro figures. Though it has been over 13 years since Firefly left the airwaves, it's hotter then ever and still lives in the heart of all it's fans and there seems to be more and more merchandise for this amazing yet short lived series.

These new Legendary figures are amazing looking. When I heard they were making these late last year I knew they would be must buys for me. So when I saw them on pre-order on Ebay for a decent price. The retail price is $19.99 each and they had all five of them for $89.99 with free shipping I couldn't pass up the deal and ordered them. This was back in March so I've waited, and waited for them to be released but the release date kept getting pushed back.. but today they finally arrived and they were well worth the wait. I'm hoping that we see the rest of the Firefly crew in the second set of figures (if they make them). There is still one more alternate figure (Jayne in his famous Jayne hat) that is an exclusive that I must find but that will have to wait for now.

Series one consisted of Mal, Jayne, Kaylee, Wash and Zoe.

Tonight I watched the final two episodes of Arrow S3 with my buddy Erik (via Skype). I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of this entire Ra's Al Ghul storyline this season, I didn't like where they took the Oliver character. I did enjoyed everything else around the main story.. especially Felicity and Atom. I enjoyed Laural/Canary story and watching her develop more. I really enjoyed Oliver's sister Thea storyline, which was surprising since I really disliked her in season one and the past few seasons I've slowly warmed up to her. I love that she is now Speedy (Red Arrow). I wasn't a fan of Detective Lance, he just flip flopped to much for me this season. I enjoyed the Diggle and his wife storyline. And though this season wasn't a favorite of mine it's still far and above better then most of the other TV shows out there. I'm not sure where they are going for the next season since the Arrow is pretty much no more but I look forward to finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment