Saturday, June 13, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Kettlebells and More Kettlebells

We started today's workout with some running, 4x 140 meters. They asked us to try and keep the same pace for each set. Unfortunately the group I did it with sprinted and it almost killed all of us so when we got to the workout we were spent.

We worked on the Kettlebell Clean today as our skill work. I was still trying to recover from the sprinting and was feeling a bit light headed but I manged to push through.

For the first workout we were doing 3 rounds of :30 seconds of work and then :10 seconds of rest. We started with Kettlebell Thrusters, and moved on to Kettlebell Figure 8 to Press and finally Kettlebell Reverse Lunge with Front Press.

I manged to do one and a half sets before I started feeling light headed again and as I continued to swing this heavy weight around my head I decided that it was time to stop and take a break. So I put down my kettlebell and headed over to the storage area, laid on the floor, put my feet up on a bench and closed my eyes. After about 10 minutes I was feeling better and join the group again as coach Andrew was explaining workout 2.

For workout 2 titled "Tail Pipe" it consisted of teams of 2 & 3. I was a team of two with my buddy Derek. We had to do 3 sets of 250x Meter Row (originally was 500 meters but cut in half for us) and Kettlebell Hold. How it worked is while your teammate is rowing the other person had to holds a Kettlebell in front of them. I manged to get through this workout without a single dizzy spell... woot, woot!!!

So I wasn't able to complete the entire workout today but still did a large portion of it. Overall it was a good workout. I think I killed myself during the warm up sprints but other then that all went pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment