Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Goonies 30th Anniversary

30 years ago today one of my all time favorite movies was released in theaters... The Goonies. I was 14 years old when this came out in the summer of 1985 and at that perfect age to enjoy the ride. I remembering seeing it six or seven times in the theater, I couldn't get enough of it. I so wanted to be a Goonie and go on adventures like Mikey and the gang. I considered myself a honorary Goonie. I devoured anything and all things Goonies, books, music videos, trading cards and anything else that was Goonies related. I wanted it all.

When I went up north in 2010 I made sure to drive through Astoria, Oregon and if I had had more time I would have planned to visit some of the filming sites... It's something that I still might do someday.

I can't believe it's been 30 years since I first saw this movie. Maybe it's because I watch it at least once a year so it's never far from my thoughts. Some of the actors have gone on to bigger and better things, while some have disappeared from the entertainment world all together.

The Goonies taught me about friendship and loyalty, about being adventures and taking chances and never judging a book by it's cover.

I may have grown up on the outside but I'll always be a goonie on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment