Thursday, June 11, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Strength & Dudes

Strength day today at NerdStrong Gym. And for the only the second time since I've been going to the gym.. it was all dudes. :)

Today's workout was broken down into three segments and we teamed up with a friend. My team mate is my usual team mate Derek.

The first segment was two reps of Pause Back Squats, for six sets. It was a 2:4:1 speed, which meant 2 seconds down, 4 second pause and 1 second up. Since we were doing quite a few sets we only did about 80% of our max weight.

For the second segment we did one of my favorites and that's Bench Press'. They had us do 5 sets, each with different weight and reps. It was a 5, 5, 3, 3, 3 and finally 12 reps. For the five we did a about 50% our max weight (I and bench a bit more then Derek so I came down to his level). We increased our weight when we did the 3 reps and finally bad down to the lighter weight for the 12 reps at the end.

In between our sets we did these new things called Evil Wheels and yes they were evil. It took alot of upper body strength and lucky for me I have a decent amount of upper body strength to I was pretty good at these.

For the final segment we did 3 sets of 7x Dumbbell Curls. Again these weren't so bad.. well the first few sets.. the third started to burn especially since I was trying to do heavier weight for a better workout.

Overall it was a  nice strength day workout at NerdStrong Gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment