Friday, July 24, 2015

Creativity Crisis!!

I need a creative kick in the butt. I feel like the past few years I have had some good idea and have taken them just to the edge of production but for whatever reason I don't follow through and they fall along the waist side. I'm sure there are many reasons why this is happening.. no time or laziness, but I think a big one is lack of funds and even bigger lack of confidence in my ideas. What's worse is I've had some great ideas or concepts and didn't act upon them soon enough and then see them months/years later being done by someone else.

Creatively I feel very stagnant at the moment and I don't know how to break the cycle. Maybe I need a creative partner, someone to bounce ideas off of or work on projects together. I have found that I tend to complete things more often when I have a bit a pressure from an outside source. Maybe that's my next step... I don't know.

I do currently have my own production company, Geekyfanboy Productions, which produces podcasts. But out of those six podcasts that I have created only one is still currently active (MASH 4077 Podcast). Several are devoted to webseries that are no longer in production (Knights of the Guild for The Guild & My Gimpy Life podcast for My Gimpy Life), one just kind of fizzled out as I didn't like the way it was turning out and wanted to try and retool it but just haven't found the time (Confessions of a Fanboy), one has been on hiatus for a few month as finding time to record has been very difficult (Alien Nation: The Newcomers Podcast) and the final one has been in the works for five years but hasn't gotten past the developmental stage for various reasons (The Geek Roundtable).

I think it's time to take a step back and look at what's going on creatively in my life. Assess what I'm currently doing and figure out what my next step is... I'm tired of feeling as though I'm just sidestepping through life... time to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment