Saturday, July 25, 2015

Visiting Family

Today I got to spend some time with my family. I haven't seen them since before Comic Con so I was excited to hang out with them today.

When I got there I was greeted with so much love and affection. Both kids came up to me yelling Uncle Kenny and giving me a big hug. But my fun time with the kids had to wait as I was going to go out to lunch with my Dad first. I also like to have some one on one time with him and lunch seems to be our thing. Afterwards I always drive him around so he can run some errands.

Once back at my brother's my dad disappeared back into his room and it's now playtime with kiddos. Mike and Lora were off to Lora's high school reunion so Lora's sister Wendy came over to watch the kids. They were out back play catch when I went out to join them. We threw around the football for a bit, my nephew Kenobi has a better spiral then me and he's only six.

After catch we wrestled around on the trampoline, this is where I started to feel my age. I was exhausted and my back was starting to hurt but it didn't stop me from jumping and throwing the kids around. I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow when I wake up for gym but I didn't care.. the kids were loving it.

We went in and watched some "Into The Woods", Kenobi really likes that movie and asked that I bring my screener so he could watch it. While he watched the movie Molly brought me over to her My Little Pony and started to explain everything to me and how she loves brushing her hair... it was pretty adorable.

We wound up back outside on the trampoline and they asked for me to join them but my back wasn't feeling so hot and I was about to leave (I spent about five hours with them) so I declined. I told them I was getting ready to leave and they both bounced over to me to give me a hug goodbye. Molly asked if I could come back tomorrow and I said.. maybe next week. She seemed okay with that.

I said goodbye to dad and headed home. It was a great family visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment