Thursday, August 13, 2015

Gun Shots, MASH, Ramen & Firefly

So around 1:30am I was woken up by gun shots coming literally from outside my bedroom window. My window was open because it's been hot here in SoCal but thankful I live on the second floor. The first pop woke me up got my heart racing and then their were three additional pops. My bed is under my window so my first though was look out the window and see if you can see anything but I hesitated for a minute to listened if there was any screaming, yelling, running or anything but there was silence. I slowly peaked out the window down into the next doors apartment parking lot but didn't see anything. About ten minutes later a police helicopter came flying overhead with the spot light shining down into my window. They circle for about five minutes but then left... Needless to say I had a hard time falling asleep after that.

Since I really couldn't sleep that well after the gun fire I decided to get  up and work on my next MASH podcast since it's due in a few days and I'm only about halfway done editing it. Just as it was time to get ready for work I managed to finished the podcast and get it uploaded and ready for release on the 15th.

After work I headed out for some Ramen with my friend Jes who I hadn't seen in quite a while. She's a busy, busy person so we scheduled a dinner so we could at least hang out for a bit. As always it was a nice visit. We got to catch up with each other and all the crazies that happen in our lives and we got to enjoy some tasty Ramen as well. Afterwards we headed back to her place and watched an episode of Firefly. What was funny is that she and I couldn't decide which episode we wanted to see since they are all amazing so we used a random number generator to choose the episode for us.. btw it was episode 10 (War Stories). We only had time for the one episode but watching made me want to do a Firefly rewatch.. maybe I'll pick a weekend in the near future and watch all 14 hours plus the movie Serenity.. that sounds like an awesome weekend to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment