Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Beautiful Piece of Music

Besides loving "The Way He Looks" (you can read my blog post HERE) there is this a piece of music that I fell in love with. It's played during two very touching scenes which I'm sure adds to my love of the piece. It was written in 1978 by Estonian composer Arvo Part, the title of the track is "Spiegel im Spiegel" which translates to "mirror(s) in the mirror". It's a very simple piece, meaning it's only preformed with piano and violin (two of my favorite instruments). While listening to it there is a range of emotions from sadness to melancholy to loneliness and heartache but also sweetness, courage, overcoming, strength and love. It runs almost ten minutes and is one of the most beautiful pieces I've heard in a long time. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. It's uplifting and inspirational yet reminds me of my loneliness and longingness for love. Like with the film I haven't been touched by a piece of music like this in a long time. Take a listen below and let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment