Thursday, August 13, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Hang Cleans & More

Strength day today and we are continuing our Hang Clean lessons.

After the warm up we got right into proper form for a Hang Clean. It is a step by step process and we do each step about 10 or so times before moving onto the next one. We did this for 2 rounds before moving on to our practice exercise. Coach asked us to team up with a buddy (I teamed up with one of my usual partners John) and we had to do 6 rounds of 5 reps each with max weight of 95 lbs.

This was more about form then weight. John picked up on the form quickly while I continued to struggle. Of all the barbell workouts this is the most difficult and frustrating for me. There are so many moving parts and I always tend to forget one or two of them. I've disliked these since I started seven months ago but I know I have to practice until I get it right... but it doesn't help with me feeling inadequate. I'll give these a go next Thursday and hopefully one of these days everything will just click into place.

Since we got done a bit early they had a surprise workout waiting for us. This was lots of arm work. We had to do 3 rounds of 7x Dumbbell Curls, 7x Lying Triceps Extensions and 7x Dumbbell Shoulder Lats. It was a nice little kick in the butt workout to finish off the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment