Saturday, August 22, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Building A Better Handstand

For Saturdays CON class we continue our Handstand work and core strengthening. We started with a nice warm up and then move into Handstand drills. This was a repeat of last Saturdays drills. We started with Lunge with Arms Up, then moved to Lever to a T, then Lever to Hands Down and finally Lever to Split Kick. I was much better at holding myself back from doing to much this time around.

We then moved on to 3 rounds of one minute of Spider-man Plank Crunch, one minute of Flutter Kicks and one minute of Rest. This is all about the core, doing 30 seconds of something is tough but having to do a full minute of each was crazy hard. Definitely felt it burn, especially the flutter kicks.

We then moved on to some Box Work. We did "L" Holds and then Raised Hollow Holds. This was to prepare us for the inverted feeling when doing an actual handstand.

Next was an 8 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) we had to do 12x Hammer Curls, 12 Brainz and a 230 meter run around the parking lot. I managed to do 3 rounds and finished my third run as the clock ran out.

There was a finisher if there was time but as I recall we did not have time to do that. Overall another great workout, lot's of prep work for the handstand. I'm really looking forward to actually doing handstands since I can already do them but I know all this prep work will help strengthen my handstand. My goal by the end of all this is to do a one handed handstand.

No comments:

Post a Comment