Thursday, August 20, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Hang Cleans & Deadlifts

Today is strength day, after a good workout we worked on Hang Cleans which we have been working on the past few weeks. We did some 2 Position Drills and then moved into 5 rounds of 3x From Hip movement and 3x Full Hang Clean.

As I have with past Hang Cleans I struggled with these as well. My workout buddy John told me not to thing about it and just do it as he felt I was overthinking everything and he was right. I did get in one set that actually was decent. I still have a long way to go with Hang Cleans but coaches keep saying one of these days things will just click.

We moved on to Deadlifts which I'm happy to say I am better at but with my bad lower back I always worry about doing these, especially with a heavy weight. But this wasn't just Deadlifts it was combined with Slamballs and it was a double ladder, which meant you started with 10 Deadlifts and 1 Slamball and then do 9 Deadlifts and 2 Slamballs and so on. The Deadlifts went down while the Slamball goes up. I managed to make it to 2 Deadlifts and 9 Slamballs before time ran out.

Overall a good strength day, still my least favorite of the workout days.. well unless we are doing bench press which is my favorite barbell activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment