Wednesday, August 19, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Rowing-Mania

Today like the previous Wednesday was all about Rowing.

The first part of the workout was all about the Stroke and breaking it down into smaller pieces. So we did 3 rounds of 20x Arm Only Strokes, 20x Arm And Back Strokes, 20x Half Strokes and then 20x Full Strokes. NerdStrong has five rowers so we did this in two groups. I was part of the second group and shared a rower with Kiki. My biggest issue when it comes to rowing and form is keeping my feet flat when doing a full stroke so that is what I worked on most and I'm happy to say did a pretty good job at keeping them flat this time around. This portion of the workout wasn't about speed it was more about form. Kiki and I would trade off back and forth until we finished all the 3 rounds.

We then moved on to Two 500 Meter Rows and they wanted us to keep consistent times with each row. It as tough as your arms are like jelly but you push through it and do your best.

As a finisher we had to do 3 rounds of 5x Burpees, 10x Box Jumps and 15x V-Ups and when we finished the three rounds we did a 230 meter run around the parking lot.

Needless to say we were all exhusted but of course since we had 8 minutes or so left in class coach Blair decided to have us do a TABATA Planking (:20 seconds of work, :10 seconds of rest for 8 rounds). Not only did we do high and low planking but right side to left side planking as well.

If I wasn't tired before, this did me in. Though I can't really complain as they did remove a center workout listed above on the whiteboard, but regardless it was another tough workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment