Wednesday, September 30, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - NerdMakers EMOM

Today is CON day and that means coach Blair... but he was mysteriously absent.. but that's okay as we had coach Christy and coach David as well as coach Andrew, coach Marla and coach Seely there. The day started with a 230 meter run around the parking lot. After the run we did lots and lots of stretching before moving on to the main workout.

This workout didn't look like much at first glace.. I mean it's just one thing but if you look closer you see it's a 35 minute EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute). Since it didn't sounds too difficult I choose to do the "advance" red workout which was 2x NerdMakers (3x if you wanted it to be spicy). Nerdmakers are Burpees on steroids. It's the same action as a burpee but you're holding dumbbells and when you go down and do the push up, you move right into a renegade row before jumping up and instead of doing a clap at the top you do a push press with the dumbbells.

This is 35 minutes of consistent work. I mean depending how long it takes to to the 2 to 3 Nerdmakers you may get a few seconds of rest between. I choose to do the 3x Nerdmakers because I'm a crazy man but that only lasted for the first 20 minutes. I was exhausted and my options were to either drop down in dumbbell weight or go to 2x Nerdmakers so I opted to go to 2 for the next 10 minutes. But the coaches have a way of encouraging you while you are in the middle of your work out and they asked us to max out if we could for the final 5 minutes so I went back to 3x Nerdmakers for those final minutes.

And just when you think you're about to die the coaches had a nice finisher planned for us. Half TABATA (4 rounds of :20 seconds of work, :10 seconds of rest) of Russian Twists with a sandbag. After the workout we just had my arms were like jelly but somehow I managed to do the Russian Twists.

No comments:

Post a Comment