Thursday, October 1, 2015

Whole 30 Challenge

Well the past few months I have slacked on my "proper" eating. I haven't gone crazy but I'm not on the ball like I should be. My workouts are great and I'm loving them but my eating needs a bit of work. So for the month of October I've decided to do the Whole 30 Challenge. If you've never heard of this diet here is what it entails.

Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc.

Do not consume alcohol in any form, not even for cooking.

Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on.

Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.), peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter, either. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).

Do not eat dairy. This includes cow, goat or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream… with the exception of clarified butter or ghee.

So I can pretty much eat lean meats and vegetables. Yeah this is going to go well!!

I'll report on my progress when the 30 days is up.. wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment