Thursday, October 1, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - EMOM's and AMRAP's

Today is the first day of the new "themed" sections of the workout. We started with the "Build" aka Warm Up, it was a fairly light warm up with a 230 meter run and then arm circles and calf stretches.

We moved on to the "Proficiency" part of the workout which was Banded Shoulder Mobility (one of my favorites as my shoulders tend to get really sore after a workout).

The Quest is next and it's a Barbell Strict Press EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) for 12 minutes. We had to do 2 Strict Press' within that minute. This sounds simple but it really isn't. I mean you are getting to rest between sets but it's a constant workout. Every minute you are doing 2 barbell strict press'.

After the Quest we moved on to our Battle. This was a 12 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible). We had to do 100x Jump Rope, 10x Braniz and 16x Lemon Squeezers. I'm fairly decent at jumping rope, been doing it since I was little but 100 is alot so I would break it down into 2 sets of 50. Brainz are always fun with the threat of smashing your face in with a dumbbell. And then there are Lemon Squeezers and my arch nemesis. I hate these things.. not because they work the core and cause discomfort with your stomach muscles.. I hate these because they do exactly what they say they are going to do.. they squeeze my lemons (aka testicles). I assume other guys know my pain but none of them seem to complain as much as I do. I've tried many alternate ways to squeezing but still get the same results. Gonna have to talk to a coach and see if there is an alternate to these torturous workout. Anyways I did almost 4 rounds before time ran out.

And the finish it off we had a nice cool down of 10x PVC Dislocates and 10x PVC Figure 8s.. these are really good for the shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment