Saturday, October 3, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Boss Monster

Today's workout was the Boss Monster, this is a new thing for the month of October. Every Saturday we will be fighting a boss, this is the biggest of the bosses to see where we stand. We will fight smaller bosses for the next few Saturdays but will encounter this big boss again in the near future and see how much we have improved.

So for this workout "Boss Monster", it had a 45 minute time cap to do 460 meter run, 50x Kettlebell Swings, 460 meter run, 40x Push Ups, 230 meter run, 30x Goblet Squats, 230 meter run, 20x Burpees, 140 meter run, 10x Burpee Pull Ups, 230 meter run, 20x Head Cutters, 230x meter run, 30x Box Jumps, 460 meter run, 40x Slamballs, 460 meter run and finally 50x Sit Ups.

This was one of the toughest workouts we have done in a long while. 45 minutes of constant workout is tough. Of course you could take breaks where needed but if you wanted to get everything done within the time limit you really couldn't stop and rest to long.

I didn't finish but I got further then I thought I would. I actually got to the 30x Box Jumps and got half way through them before time ran out. This is an amazing test of endurance and pacing. It's hard to judge how fast you should go, you don't want to kill yourself at the beginning and then have nothing left in the tank at the end. But you also don't want to go so slow that you don't get to the finish line. Of course your body will tell you when you should slow down, or rest and I've gotten to the point where I listen closely to my body and when it says take a break.. I take a break.

I can't wait to see how far I can get next time when we re-do this workout in a month or so, hopefully I can finish it.. guess will have to wait and see. And a side note my buddy Thomas (who is visiting from Ireland) was the only one who actually finished the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment