Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Electra Women and Dyna Girl Reboot

Today they released a new teaser trailer for the reboot of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl from Legendary Digital. Now if you weren't born in the 70's then you might not know who Electra Woman and Dyna Girl are.. so here's a brief description. This series is part of the world of Sid and Marty Krofft and aired during the The Krofft Supershow. The show was a spoof on the 60's Batman series that followed the crime-fighting exploits of female caped crusader Electra Woman and her teen sidekick Dyna Girl, who worked in their off-time as reporters for a magazine.  In each episode, the duo would don skintight spandex in a bright flash of light called an "Electra-Change," get into the "ElectraCar," and use an array of technically advanced gadgets to thwart an eclectic collection of supervillains. They were assisted by Frank Heflin (Norman Alden), a scientist who stayed at their "ElectraBase," operating its highly sophisticated "CrimeScope" computer, a parody of the BatComputer, while keeping in continual contact with the pair through their "ElectraComs."

The updated version of Sid & Marty Krofft’s classic 70s TV series follows two superheroes Electra Woman and Dyna Girl as they move from Akron to Los Angeles in hopes of making it big in the crime fighting world, only to find competition with other vigilantes and infighting amongst themselves.

I enjoyed the original as a kid but I haven't seen it in over 35 years. But I'll give this go when it's released. The actual trailer starts a minute and 15 seconds into the video.


So I'm guest hosting on the Treks in Sci Fi podcast, I'm reviewing one of my all time favorite Fantasy movies Willow with fellow fan Chris. They asked that it be released this Sunday but I haven't had a chance to edit it yet so  spent a few hours after work trying to get a start on it. It's going to take me a few days since I don't have do a few hours here and there. I'm hoping to have it done by Friday evening and sent to Rico on Saturday for a Sunday release.. I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment