Wednesday, July 29, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Running & Rowing

Today was the last round of our Run/Jog event that we have been doing the past three weeks. The past few weeks on Wednesday we've done nothing but run, oh and some sprinting. For this final round we had to do a 2 minute 30 second Run, then a 1 minute rest, then another 2 minute 30 second Run and minute rest before doing one final 2 minute 30 second Run. Running for that long is tough but coach Andrew asked that if we can't run to at least job but don't stop and walk. So the first few times I was good and pretty much ran the entire thing but the final run was tough so I ran as much as I could but I did slow down to a jog towards the end.

We got a 3 minute rest before we moved on to the Rowing Sprints. It was a :30 second workout and a minute rest. We did eight rounds with each round getting harder and harder as we increased the pace. We started with a 2:20 pace which wasn't bad but it got progressively worse as you got progressively more tired. I am happy to say that I did mange to keep the pace all the way to the eighth round at a pace of 1:35.

And to finish off this workout we did an 8 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) of 15x Sit Ups and :30 seconds of Wall Sit, oh and if you wanted to spice things up you could hold a Mace while wall sitting. And of course me being me I took the challenge to held a Mace. Eight minutes of constant work is tough especially since sit ups seem to be the bane of my existence. I mean they aren't hard for me but I'm just slow at doing them. I can't recall how many rounds I did but I think it was 4 or 5 rounds.

Overall it was another great workout and I know I say that with all these workouts but it's true. Every single one of these workouts are pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment