Saturday, August 1, 2015

Killjoys & Minions

After workout today I came home and watched the latest Killjoys S1 Ep 7 "Kiss, Kiss, Bye Bye". The Killjoys' continuing quest to uncover the mystery behind D'avin's missing memories leads them to an underground black market, triggering a shocking incident that will haunt the team."

Another amazing episode, this is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. This episode dealt with D'avin's missing memories. They finally find the doctor responsible who seems to be another victim controlled by the government. But soon you find out she's a cold-hearted manipulative bitch. She activate D'avin and he goes from having sex with Dutch to almost killing her. This was one of most brutal fights I have seen in a long time. Maybe because it was between a man and a woman but the stuff he was doing her was hard to watch. She gets the upper hand and goes after the doctor who did this while John stays with his brother but D'avin gets free and stabs John and leaves him for dead. As John is dying Lucy the ship's computer become concern and this is one aspect I like about this series, the ship has a mind of her own. When John is dying on her floor you can hear the panic and concern in her voice as she doesn't know what to do. Luckily she decided to call the local doctor who gets there just in time to save him. Dutch erases the mind of the evil doctor instead of killing her and D'avin is deactivated but the damage is done. He remembers everything and though Dutch and John both said they understand that it wasn't him things will never be the same. I can't wait to see where this storyline goes.

Spent the afternoon with my friend/roommate Lydia who is visiting from Switzerland. We went out to lunch at the Universal City Walk Hard Rock Cafe and then went and saw Minions.

Minions was pretty much what I expected it to be. It was cute and funny at times and had some really cute characters, especially "little" bob, but I wasn't really blown way by it like I was hoping to be since I'm a huge fan of the Minions. I left the theater thinking, okay.. that was good but I don't have to see it again. Maybe my expectations were to high or maybe it's because I really enjoyed the Minions in the Despicable Me movies but I wanted to like this movie so much more then I actually did. Anyways maybe I'll enjoy it more on a second viewing, maybe my mood had something to do with it.. I don't really know. But I have Minions a solid B-

No comments:

Post a Comment