Monday, September 14, 2015

Magical Clock & Birthday Gifts

I came across this Harry Potter inspired clock. If you've read or seen Harry Potter you know the Weasleys have this amazing clock that tells you where each family member location. Well some students at the University of Munich actually made a working version of this clock. It isn't actually enchanted, of course, and works by updating a special mobile app. You can update manually with one of the twelve locations provided, or let it track your position with GPS and choose a location based on that. 

The students (Frederik Brudy, Fabius Steinberger, Felix Praschak and Claudius Böttcher) built it for a course in "Building Interactive Objects." They've documented the entire project on this webpage, where you can get all the information you need to replicate the clock, from circuit diagrams to server software. If was smarter I would love to make my own version of the clock.. maybe I can get a techy smart friend to do it for me.

I started to receive some birthday gifts. Thanks Ken Todd for Guardians of the Galaxy & thanks Joshua Kemmling for Boys & Return of the King. I've been wanting Guardians of the Galaxy since it came out and I loved the movie Boys and I can't wait to watch the animated Return of the King as I haven't seen it since I was a kid.. Thanks guys for the awesome gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment