Saturday, September 19, 2015

New Season of Doctor Who

The new season of Doctor Who has started tonight, Season 9 Episode 1 "The Magician's Apprentice" Where is the Doctor? When the skies of Earth are frozen over by an mysterious alien force, Clara needs her friends. But where is the Doctor and what is he hiding from? As past deeds come back to haunt him, old enemies will come face-to-face, and for the Doctor and Clara survival seems impossible.

I watched it with my buddy Erik (via Skype). Overall I enjoyed the episode. It was extremely tense at times and when it was over I felt my body release all the tension I was holding in while watching and I let out this deep breath as it felt like I was holding it in the entire time. It was great seeing Missy again. I knew there was no way she was dead. Michelle Gomez does an amazing job of playing crazy. It's cool to see Clara is sort part of U.N.I.T. now and can be called into action when needed.

I think the only part I really didn't like was the Doctor riding into the arena on a tank playing a guitar, felt it was very stupid and made no sense to me. But other then that everything else was great. This is of course part one of a two parter so we are left with a huge cliffhanger. I really enjoyed the snake/man effect when his face unravel.. that was pretty awesome.

Overall I nice start to the season. I'm still not a fan of Capaldi as The Doctor, but I am enjoying Clara as a companion to this doctor. Capaldi isn't horrible by any means but there is just something about his version of the Doctor that I'm not enjoying. I'm not finding him as lovable or memorable as the others. But this won't stop me from watching.. I still love this universe and will always come back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment