Monday, March 16, 2015

Jogging, Crazy Smoothie & Good Posture

Today there was no NerdStrong for me so instead I did a few laps around the NoHo park. It was a beautiful day and I was feeling great. I was jogging everyday since October and when I start NerdStrong I'd still jog in the morning and then do the workouts at night but since I got the job that has made it difficult for me to do the night classes so I've moved to the 7am classes which means I'd have to either get up super early 5am and jog before workout or come home after work around 8pm and run the park in the dark. I haven't done neither of those yet. But I do jog on the days that I don't workout so Mondays and Fridays. I enjoy the jogs, maybe not when I first wake up but once I'm out there and listening to my music, all is well.

When I got home I made this crazy smoothie concoction which included broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, almonds, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, fiber powder, protein powder (vanilla) & spinach. It looked alot better then the last one I made which looked like sick green, this one looked more berry and it didn't taste that bad either. The protein powder was a bit over powering. It says it's suppose to taste like vanilla and it kind of did in an artificial kind of way. But I still drank the entire thing and I'm going to try and do one of these every morning after my workouts.Since I'm not a big veggie eater this is the best way for me to get my daily intake of veggies.

Oh and one last thing.. I found an interesting by product of my recent workouts at NerdStrong, my posture. I never really knew how much I hunch my shoulders until I started working out. Coach Andrew is always having to ask me to pull my shoulders back, chest out.  I'm now conscious of when I'm slouching and try and correct it when I can. It's funny when you walk with your shoulders back and chest out it feels like you're walking taller, and I guess I can use all the height I can get :)

No comments:

Post a Comment