Saturday, March 21, 2015

BBQ with Family and Friends

After my workout I headed to my brothers for a friends & family BBQ.  They have these from time to time and they are always fun. I haven't seen my family in over three weeks (which is a long time since I try and see them every other week) but with the new job and workouts it's been keeping me busy. So I was really looking forward to seeing them today.

When I got there, Lora and the kids were out at a birthday party and it was just Michael with a few of his friends so I helped set up the food before the bulk of the people started coming and soon there were a good 30 to 40 people there.

The weather was great and Michael got a new waterslide for his kids so he asked if I could help set it up. I went to the garage and had to use a dolly to bring out the "wrapped" up slide, it weight a ton. Luckily a few of Michael's friends come over to help out and drag it to the other side of the back yard. It was a monster of a slide but after a good half hour we were finally able to set it and start to fill it up with water. The kids didn't even wait for it to be full they started sliding down and landing in a few inches of water. Once it was full more kids joined in as well as a few adults. And of course me being a big kid, I had to partake in the fun as well. They got some video and some great shots of my flying through the air. It was a lot of fun but extremely trying and I knew I would be sore afterwards.

I always enjoying hanging out with Michael and Lora's friends. I've known quite a few of them for over 10 years. I got to hang with my Dad for a bit when I took a break from the party and took him grocery shopping. I also got to see some cousins that I hadn't seen in a long while. It was nice catching up... I actually stayed quite a bit longer then I usual do when visiting my family.

As predicted I was exhausted when I got home around 9pm, I went to bed shortly after as I have a workout tomorrow at NerdStrong scheduled for 10am.

No comments:

Post a Comment