Sunday, March 29, 2015

Jupiter Ascending - My Review

I was finally able to see Jupiter Ascending, as it's now playing in our "cheap" theater here in town. I've wanted to see this movie since I saw the first trailer last year. And yes I have heard all the horrible things people and critics have said about the film but luckily I don't care. It looks amazing and I can't wait to see it on the big screen.

If you don't know what Jupiter Ascending is about here's a brief synopsis: Jupiter Jones was born under a night sky, with signs predicting that she was destined for great things. Now grown, Jupiter dreams of the stars but wakes up to the cold reality of a job cleaning other people's houses and an endless run of bad breaks. Only when Caine Wise, a genetically engineered ex-military hunter, arrives on Earth to track her down does Jupiter begin to glimpse the fate that has been waiting for her all along - her genetic signature marks her as next in line for an extraordinary inheritance that could alter the balance of the cosmos.

First let me say that I LOVED IT!!! I don't have a clue what people were complaining about. The visuals alone were a good enough reason to see this movie but the Universe they built and the creatures that inhabited it were amazing. I've heard major complaints about people being confused by the story but I understood what was going on the entire time. The SFX were unbelievable and there were alot of them. The fight scenes were awesome and I enjoyed all the main characters. At times I was wondering if I was watching the same movie all the "complainers" were watching.

I am extremely happy that I went and saw this on the big screen and when it comes out on Blu-Ray I'll be sure to pick it up as I can see myself watching this over and over.. another hit from the Wachowskis in my opinion. Their last two films (Cloud Atlas & Jupiter Ascending) both were amazing though they didn't do well at the box office. I give Jupiter Ascending a solid B+

No comments:

Post a Comment