Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Latest Eps of The Flash & SHIELD - My Thoughts

After a rough start to my day I was happy to be home from work and watching some of my favorite TV with my buddy Erik (via Skype).

We started with the latest episode of The Flash S1 Ep 17 "Trickster" Barry and Joe go after terrorist Axel Walker, who goes by the name Trickster. Axel sets a diversion for the Flash so that he can break James Jesse, the original Trickster from 20 years prior, out of prison. James and Axel attempt to extort wealthy patrons by poisoning them and ransoming the antidote. When the Flash arrives, the Tricksters fit him with a bomb that will detonate if he stops moving. Dr. Wells coaches Barry on how to vibrate his molecules so that he can phase through objects, which removes the bomb. Afterward, Barry provides an antidote to all the patrons, before capturing the Tricksters. Later, the Flash reveals his identity to Eddie, so he can help keep Iris from looking into Dr. Wells for her own protection, as Barry realizes that Wells is the Reverse-Flash. In flashbacks, after failing to kill Barry as a child, the Reverse-Flash escapes down the road only to lose his speed. Gideon informs him that travelling back in time has drained his powers. He removes his mask to reveal the real Eobard Thawne. Eobard stalks Dr. Wells and reveals the particle accelerator is not built until the year 2020. He then appears to kill Wells and steal his appearance and identity so he can develop the particle accelerator sooner and return to his timeline.

The Trickster stuff was awesome as it was a throw back to fans of the original Flash TV series. Mark Hamel was excellent returning as the original Trickster but I have to say my favorite part of this episode was all the info we got about who the Reverse-Flash really was. Turns out that it's not Dr. Wells, well it is but it's not. This Eobard Thawne killed Wells and assumed his identity in order to make the particle accelerator years sooner then it was actually made. Also I liked Eddie's reaction finding out that Barry is The Flash and speaking of Eddie.. isn't his last name Thawne.. so is this Eobard a distant relative... interesting.

The previews for the remaining season looked amazing with another crossover with Arrow which includes what looks like every character from Arrow including Atom.. can't wait.

Next we watched the latest Agent's of SHIELD S2 Ep 15 "One Door Closes" War comes to Coulson's doorstep in a way he never anticipated as shocking revelations are brought to light, and Skye struggles to control her new abilities but will soon make a decision that irrevocably changes her life.

I have loved this series since day one and the first episode and I didn't think I could love it any more but I was wrong. This series continues to blow me away. Season two has been on fast forward since it started. I'm always worried they are going to drag out something or not reveal something but then the very next episode it's resolved  and more questions and asked. We get the back story to this "real" SHIELD group and to be honest I understand why they created a second SHIELD though I may not agree with it.

I loved the scene with Gemma and Bobbi and Gemma tricking Bobbi and taking her out. I liked all the flash backs to the day SHIELD fell. It's cool seeing stuff that was happening while Captain America was fighting the Winter Soldier. It was great seeing Lucy Lawless' character again. I'm happy to see Fitts and Simmons kind of a duo again or at least heading that way.

I don't think Mac and Bobbi will every be trusted again by Coulson so it will be interesting to see what happens to them when the dust settles. And I loved the fight scenes between May and Bobbi.. just wish they lasted a bit longer but then we all know that May would have kicked Bobbi ass. I love that May kind of sacrificed herself to save Coulson and to look out for Fitts and Simmons. And what a great way to have Hunter return.

Like I said.. so much awesome in one episode but the big thing for me was the scenes with Skye. First season Skye I wasn't a fan of, she and Ward were my least favorite characters but man has she moved up on my list. Her meeting with Gordan and the audience getting to know him a little better was awesome and then of course the final scene when Bobbi and that other douche bag agent are after Skye and the douche bag agent shots Skye and Bobbi yells her name to save her and then Skye let's lose with her powers and disintegrates that tree while pushing back Bobbi and douche bag agent was amazing. And then she calls for Gordan to come take her.

I can't wait to next week to see what happens next for Skye. She is going to be one powerful InHuman.  Below is my favorite scene for this episode.. it's not the best quality but it gets the point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment