Thursday, March 26, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Barbell Rows and Deadlifts

Strength day at NerdStrong Gym. Coach Andrew was running this one. And actually only two people showed up for the 7am class.. me and my buddy Derek. So it was more like a one on one session with the coach (which is awesome).

It was a good warm up, Butt Kickers, 5x Squats, 5x V Ups, then High Kicks and again 5x Squats, 5x V Ups, Toy Soliders, 5x Squats, 5x V Ups, Lunges, then 5x Squats, 5x V Ups, 10x PVC Good Mornings and finally our final 5x Squats, 5x V Ups.

Now for the workout we were doing Barbell Rows and Deadlifts.

First were Barbells and we were doing 5 sets of 5 reps and then 1 set for 10 reps. This was more about form and less about weight. We weren't doing our one rep max to see how much we could do. And since it was just Derek and I, Andrew got to spend plenty of time correcting our form.  I would get the form and then lose it as there is a lot of remember when lifting.

We then did Deadlifts and again like with the Barbell Rows it was all about form and less about strength though we did do 5 sets and decreased the reps and increased the weight as we went... 8 / 6 / 4 / 3 / 2. Again like with any of the barbell work there is alot to remember when lifting and though I try and do my best some of them just don't stick in my brain.

Another good workout day at NerdStrong Gym. Thanks Coach Andrew for your patience, with yours and the other coaches continued guidance I'm sure I'll get the correct forms down in time. NerdStrong Gym is the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment