Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Resisting Fast Food

Today I struggled with eating out food. I've only eaten out food one time the past few weeks and I have my good and bad days when it comes to temptation. If you know me you know I use to eat fast food three to four times a week, but I've been trying hard to cut back. But today was a particular bad day. I had made me some chicken breast for lunch but it wasn't enough so I had a few bags of chips (Sun chips and Baked chips) but chips non-the-less. Around 5pm I was extremely hungry and didn't want to eat more chips so I tried to drink water to fill up my stomach but it didn't work and I was starting to feel sick to my stomach.

I decided that I'd run down to McDonalds (it's close to my job) and grab some french fries, I've been craving them the past few days. So I made my way to the elevator debating this decision over and over in my head, and when I got to the elevator I opted that it wasn't a good idea so I headed back to my office and was determined to wait until I got home at 7:30 and eat dinner. A few minutes passed and my stomach wasn't doing well so I said screw it.. I'm going to get some french fries. I once again got up and made my way to the elevator debating weather I should or should not do this and once again I opted not to go and headed back to the office. I must have looked funny to my co-workers walking back and forth a few times for no apparent reason. I even did the two steps forwards, then a few steps back and so on a couple of time. It was a huge struggle but I'm happy to say that I did not get the fries. I actually found some snacks in the kitchen that weren't to bad for me.

When I got off work at 7pm the same dilemma happened. I was so hungry that I figured I'd stop by Fat Burger and get me a turkey burger, but of course if I get a turkey burger I'll probably grab some fat fries to go with it, so I resisted and immediately got on the freeway but with every exit I kept thinking, oh I can pick up some El Pollo at this exit, and oh I can get some Taco Bell at that exit but I'm happy to say that I resisted and wound up making dinner at home.

I know dealing with my fast food addiction is going to be tough, I mean it is an addiction after all.  And I won't get over it in a matter of months but I am hoping that after a while it won't be such a struggle

No comments:

Post a Comment