Sunday, April 5, 2015

Twin Peaks Woes & Wondercon Moving

Got some bad news today about the revival of the awesome series Twin Peaks. If you haven't heard Showtime was bringing this show back in 2016 with a nine episode story arch that was to be written and directed by the creator David Lynch. Well all that changed today when Lynch tweeted and Facebooked this message; "Dear Facebook Friends: Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks. After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done. This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime. I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently."

Of course Showtime responded in shock thinking that they were still in negotiations with Lynch and hope they can still come to an agreement. This may be a stunt by Lynch in order to get Showtime to pony up some more money as fans will not be happy if Lynch is not part of this new Twin Peaks.

No word on what co-writer Mark Frost is going to do. Will he also pull out of the series or take the reigns that Lynch left dangling. I guess only time will tell. As a HUGE fan of Twin Peaks I am extremely disappointed in this news. I hope Lynch and Showtime can work out their difference and bring us an amazing conclusion to this very unique and awesome TV series.


In other geeky and much happier news.. Just as Wondercon 2015 comes to an end, it was announced today that Wondercon 2016 will be moving from the Anaheim Convention Center to The Los Angeles Convention Center. This is fantastic news for me and my friends in the Los Angeles area as this convention center doesn't require us to get a hotel room or parking as it's easily accessible via subway.  Now I'm not sure how I feel about being in cosplay and on the subway but I guess I'll deal with that issue when I get to it. For now start planning for Wondercon 2016 on March 25-27, 2016 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment