Sunday, April 5, 2015

Wondercon Day 3 - The Final Day

After the workout I came home, showered and once again Hobbit myself up for Wondercon. This time my ears were not cooperating and I just couldn't get them to stick properly. I finally gave up and did the best I could and then tried to hide the imperfection with my curly hair.. I think it worked well.

Once I was ready I headed out and picked up Mike as well as Jes and Dallas and we headed down the Wondercon for the third and final day. We got there around 11am and it was busy but luckily the Disneyland Toy Story parking lot was open and after waiting in line for what seemed like forever we parked.

As I was putting on my Hobbit feet with my, now broken shoe horn, it decided to snap in half again.. twice. It was now no longer usable and I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to put on my Hobbit feet. And as I feared when I put my feet on the back of the shoe would bend and go under my foot which makes it very uncomfortable. It took several attempts but I was finally able to get my left foot on with no issues but the right I couldn't get it to work so I said screw it and I would go with it the way it was.

We quickly lost Mike to a group of his friends that we ran into at the stop light so Dallas, Jes and I went to the Marriott Starbucks to met up with some of Jes' friends. While Dallas and Jes were in line to get coffee I attempted once again to get the heal of my shoe out from under my foot and I'm happy to say that I succeeded. So both Hobbit feet were on properly and all was well. Oh and I have to mention that I made sure I brought my cape today. I literally put it in front of my apartment door so I couldn't get out of the apartment without running over it.

Dallas soon left us to go to a panel so Jes and I headed inside to walk to floor. Soon as we get inside Jes finds some friends and chats for a bit and I started to get requests for pictures, 5 in just a few minutes. We were joined by our friend Steven who walked the floor with us for a bit before heading off to a panel. We ran into a few friends, Denise, T.J., Red 5, and Keri. We also hung out with America and Dove. While we were walking with America and Dove we ran into the owners of NerdStrong & friends of mine Coach Andrew and Coach Marla. We stopped and chatted for about 10 minutes. Soon everyone departed and it was just Jes and I again walking the floor. We grabbed a bite to eat at the food trucks where we met back up with Dallas.

I got alot more picture requests today then yesterday ( I think this proves that the cape definitely completes the outfit). And I actually took more pictures as well but far below my norm. The con closed at 5 today, Mike was getting a ride home with his friends so that left Dallas, Jes and I heading back to the car and then home.

I got in around 7pm and was exhausted.. I didn't do much but crash on the couch and watch some TV before calling it an early night.

Overall Wondercon 2015 was alot of fun. Since I wasn't sure if I was coming until the last minute I didn't get a chance to go over the programing to see if there were any panels I wanted to see, which I normally do weeks in advance. Not many of my friends came but it was nice getting to hang out with the few that did. I was very happy to be able to support my new NerdStrong family. I love cosplaying so it was good to be able to do that for a few days and it's always nice to hang out in a world filled with geeks and nerds.

This little dip into the con world is just the beginning. Next up is Star Wars Celebration in two weeks, San Diego Comic Con in July and Comickaze Con in late October, early November... lots of fun cons in 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment